Japan-United States of America Relations
Visit to the United States of America by Mrs. KISHIDA Yuko, the Spouse of the Prime Minister of Japan (April 18)
On April 18 (17, local time), Mrs. KISHIDA Yuko, the spouse of the Prime Minister of Japan, while staying in Washington, D.C. at the invitation of First Lady Dr. Jill Biden, visited Howard University. She also held a meeting with women who are playing an active role in Washington D.C.
1. Visit to Howard University
2. Meeting with women who are playing an active role in Washington D.C.
[Reference] Participants of the meeting with the women active in Washington D.C.
- Ms. Toshiko Calder, Professional Lecturer, Johns Hopkins University, School of Advanced International Studies
- Ms. Noriko Sanefuji, Museum Specialist, Smithonian’s National Museum of American History
- Ms. Yuki Tatsumi, Co-Director of the East Asia Program and Director of Japan Program, Stimson Center
- Dr. Mari Nakahara, Curator of Architecture, Design and Engineering, Prints & Photographs Division, Library of Congress
- Ms. Maki Hishikawa, Vice President, International Affairs, Aflac Life Insurance Japan Ltd.
- Ms. Reiko Hirai, President, Happi Enterprise, LLC, and Owner, DC Sake co
- Dr. Yoshiko Mori, Associate Professor and Director of the Japanese Program in Department of East Asian Languages and Culture, Georgetown University