Commemorative Event Endorsement Guidelines for the 50th Anniversary of the Establishment of Diplomatic Relations between Japan and the Sultanate of Oman in 2022
The Year 2022 marks the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and the Sultanate of Oman. In celebration of this landmark year with as many people as possible and for further promoting exchanges between the two countries, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan endorses a wide range of events that will be held in Japan and in Oman, as commemorative events celebrating the 50th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic relations between Japan and Oman. Endorsement guidelines for commemorative events are as follows.
- (1) Events should aim to deepen mutual understanding and promote friendship between Japan and Oman in a wide range of areas such as culture, arts, sports, education, tourism, economics and sciences. Events should include the implementation or introduction of social contribution activities.
- (2) Events should take place in Japan or Oman in 2022 in principle, but events at the beginning of 2023 could also be eligible on an exceptional basis.
- (3) An event that does not fall under any of the cases below:
- (a) An event against public order or public morality,
- (b) An event that violates or may violate laws or regulations of Japan or Oman,
- (c) An event that does not serve the purpose of commemorative events in promoting friendships between Japan and Oman,
- (d) An event that advocates any particular belief, political ideology or religion,
- (e) An event for mainly profit-purposes, and
- (f) An event that does not pursue public interest.
2. Application Process
- (1) The following documents should be submitted by e-mail to the Embassy of Japan in the Sultanate of Oman for events that will be held in Oman or to the Second Middle East Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan for an event that will be held in Japan, no later than three weeks prior to the date of the event, in principle.
- (a) Application form (Word)
[NOTE] Documents outlining the event, e.g. list of work to be presented, detail of the work, programs, application guidelines.
- (b) Budget form (Excel)
[NOTE] Only if there is income or expenditures for the event.
- (c) Pledge form (Word)
- (d) Documents outlining its organizations
[NOTE] Not applicable for individuals nor non-organizations.
- (a) Application form (Word)
- (2) The Embassy of Japan in the Sultanate of Oman or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will inform the result to the applicants after reviewing the application. Applicants of the endorsed events will be entitled to use the official logo-mark for the 50th anniversary on web-site, social media and publicity materials (posters, pamphlets, websites, signboards, placards, etc.) for the event.
3. Report on the completion of the event
After the completion of the event, a summary form (Word) on the content or the results of the event should be submitted to the Embassy of Japan in the Sultanate of Oman or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
4. Points to Note
- (1) Notes for sending application
- (a) Submitted documents will not be returned.
- (b) We may contact you and ask for submission of additional documents if application is incomplete.
- (c) Last-minute application or application lacking sufficient documentation may not be accepted.
- (d) Any inquiries regarding the screening process will not be responded to.
- (2) Notes for the preparation and implementation of events
- (a) Organizers of the event shall bear full responsibility for the implementation of the event even when it is endorsed as the commemorative event, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will not bear any responsibility by the endorsement of the event. Endorsement of the event does not mean providing financial support for the event.
- (b) In a case that the event is cancelled or major change of the event is made, the information should be reported promptly to the Embassy of Japan in the Sultanate of Oman or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- (c) The official recognition can be withdrawn if any of the following cases below apply.
- When the organizer did not report to the Embassy of Japan in the Sultanate of Oman or the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan promptly in case the content of the event was changed from the time of application.
- When it turned out that the event falls under any of the cases of 1(3) (a) to (f) as details of the event that had not been included in the application documents were later identified or the content of the event was changed from the time of application.
- When the organizer changed the aspect ratio, color or design of the anniversary logo, or used the anniversary logo for non-authorized events.
- (1) For applicants in Oman
Embassy of Japan in the Sultanate of Oman
Address: P.O. Box 3511, Ruwi, PC 112, Muscat
Tel: +968 2460 1028
- (2) For applicants in Japan
Second Middle East Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Address: 2-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8919