Submissions by Japan for the Bonn Climate Change Conference in October 2017
October 11, 2017
Parties to the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) are often invited to submit their views on specific issues in order to advance work inter-sessionally.
At the Ad Hoc Working Group of the Paris Agreement and the Subsidiary Bodies of the UNFCCC held in Bonn, Germany in May 2017, a number of submissions were called for on the agenda relating to the rulebook of the Paris Agreement. These submissions by Parties will be an important basis for the discussions at the Climate Change Conference including COP23 in November 2017.
2. Submissions by Japan
As of October 11th, Japan has sent its submissions to the UNFCCC Secretariat on the following agenda relating to the Paris rulebook.
- APA (Ad Hoc Working Group on the Paris Agreement) agenda item 3: Further guidance in relation to the mitigation section of decision 1/CP.21 ( link to Japan’s submission (PDF) )
- APA agenda item 4: Further guidance in relation to the adaptation communication, including, inter alia, as a component of nationally determined contributions, referred to in Article 7, paragraphs 10 and 11, of the Paris Agreement ( link to Japan’s submission (PDF) )
- APA agenda item 5: Modalities, procedures and guidelines for the transparency framework for action and support referred to in Article 13 of the Paris Agreement (link to Japan’s submission(PDF) )
- APA agenda item 6: The sources of input and the modalities for the global stocktake referred to in Article 14 of the Paris Agreement ( link to Japan’s submission (PDF) )
- APA agenda item 7: Modalities and procedures for the effective operation of the committee to facilitate implementation and promote compliance referred to in Article 15, paragraph 2, of the Paris Agreement ( link to Japan’s submission (PDF) )
- SBSTA (Subsidiary Body for Scientific and Technological Advice) agenda: Matters relating to Article 6 of the Paris Agreement - (a) Guidance on cooperative approaches referred to in Article 6, paragraph 2, of the Paris Agreement ( link to Japan’s submission (PDF) )
- SBSTA/SBI (Subsidiary Body for Implementation) agenda: Concrete elements of the modalities, work programme and functions under the Paris Agreement of the forum on the impact of the implementation of response measures (link to Japan’s submission(PDF) )