Japan's Contribution to UN Peacekeeping Operations (PKO)
The Program for Global Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding and Development (JFY 2017 Primary Course)
Call for Applications for non-Japanese Program Associates
September 6, 2017
- The Program for Global Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding and Development (Global Peacebuilders Program) was established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) to strengthen the civilian capacity of Japan and other countries in the field of peacebuilding and development. Japan places emphasis on contributing to the peace and stability of the international community under the policy of "Proactive Contribution to Peace" based on the principle of international cooperation. MOFA has commissioned the Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC) to implement the program for JFY 2015-2017.
- Applications are now open for 10 non-Japanese Program Associates (PAs) [note] to participate in the Primary Course for the JFY 2017 Global Peacebuilders Program. The application guidelines and materials can be found below or on the HPC website Please submit your application and other required documents to HPC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 9:00 am Japan Time on Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
[note] Those from the following countries are eligible to apply for the JFY 2017 Primary Course: Bangladesh, Cambodia, Egypt, Iraq, Mali, Philippines, Somalia, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, and Tunisia.
- Non-Japanese PAs will participate in the Coursework in Tokyo and Hiroshima (conducted in English) from Thursday, January 11, 2018 to Friday, February 16, 2018 (Monday, February 19 ~ Wednesday, February 21 for those who wish to take part in optional training) together with 15 Japanese PAs.
- Program reports from previous years are available below.
Please contact HPC for inquiries regarding the content of the program or application procedure.
The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC)
- 7F Sagamiya-Honsha, 6 Ichiban-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo