Women's Empowerment and Gender Equality
"World Assembly for Women in Tokyo: WAW! 2015"
Toward a Society Where Women Shine
Registration of official side events for “Shine Weeks“
The Government of Japan will host "The World Assembly for Women in Tokyo: WAW! 2015" from August 28 (Friday) to August 29 (Saturday). Scheduled to have many leading figures from all over the world in the symposium, we are expecting to have lively discussions on various women’s issues. We will be designating July 1 to October 31, 2015 as “Shine Weeks”! We invite those who will be organizing women-related events (any form) which generate movements for “A Society where Women Shine” to register with us to have your events recognized as an official side event for Shine Weeks.
1. Official side events
The official side events should promote movement for “A Society where Women Shine” and will be held during the "Shine Weeks (July 1 (Wednesday) to October 31 (Saturday)).
Events may include, but not limited to, any form of women-related events such as symposiums, seminars, movies, performance, cultural events, local food and tourism promotion.
Organizers and participants do not have to be all women! Men are greatly encouraged to join!
[Note]Even if your event will not be held during “Shine Weeks”, we may consider it as an official side event for Shine Weeks. Please contact us.
Local governments, educational institutions, private companies and citizen groups etc.
Host organization bears all cost of events.
4. How to register
- Please submit the registration form for the official side events by September 30 (Wednesday). (Word)
- Once your event is registered with us, the official WAW! 2015 logo will be provided for you to use in your event. (The Logo will be announced on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs later.)
- The event will be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and on the Shine Weeks Facebook.
5. Collaboration with WAW! 2015 participants
If your event will be held the week of WAW! 2015 (the week of August 23), the participants of WAW! 2015 may attend your event as guest speakers or panelists. Please contact the Secretariat if you are interested in having participants in your event. (The list of the participants to "World Assembly for Women in Tokyo: WAW! Tokyo 2014" will be posted on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in due course.)
Inquiries and registration
Gender Mainstreaming Division, Foreign Policy Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
Address: 2-2-1 Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
Postal Code: 100-8919
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- (Note 1) The issues to be discussed at "World Assembly for Women in Tokyo: WAW! 2015" will include the economic benefits produced by working women, diverse ways of working, social development, and the difficulties shared by women throughout the world.
- (Note 2) Examples of events which will NOT be registered as official side events for “Shine Weeks“
- Events for commercial purposes, events which does not have public nature.
- Events organized by groups such as political groups, religious groups and similar groups.
- Events that offend against public order and morals.
- Events deemed inappropriate in diplomatic terms.