Science and Technology
Call for Applications:
“The 2nd Symposium on Science and Technology Diplomacy”
In September 2015, Mr. KISHIDA Fumio, the then Minister for Foreign Affairs, appointed Dr. KISHI Teruo, Professor Emeritus of the University of Tokyo, to the inaugural Science and Technology Advisor to the Minister for Foreign Affairs, aiming to harness Japan’s advanced science and technology in diplomacy. Since then, Dr. KISHI has vigorously made a contribution as the Science and Technology Advisor for more than 4 years. His activities include preparing recommendations and advice for the Foreign Minister toward important diplomatic events such as G20, disseminating Japan’s outstanding science and technology in both Japan and abroad and establishing the network with science advisors and other experts overseas.
Through the keynote lecture and panel discussion, attendees will review his achievements and figure out the role of science and technology in solving diplomatic issues of Japan, in order to raise a direction over the future of the science and technology diplomacy of Japan as well as that of the Science and Technology Advisor.
- Date: Wed. 11th December 2019, 15:30-17:30
- Venue: Soukairou Hall, 1F, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies (GRIPS)
- Organizers: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, GRIPS
- Supporters: Cabinet Office，Ministry for Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology，Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry，Japan Science and Technology Agency
- Working Languages: Japanese and English (simultaneous interpretation service available)
- Participation fee: Free (Advance registration required)
- 15:30-15:50 Opening Session
- 15:50-16:30 Session 1: Reviewing Activities of the Science and Technology Advisor to the Minister for Foreign Affairs
- 16:30-17:25 Session 2: Expectation for the Future of the Science and Technology Diplomacy
- 17:25-17:30 Closing Session
Please click here (PDF) for more information about the Program.