Briefing session on the recent updates regarding TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs hosted a briefing session with relevant ministries and gave explanations on the recent updates regarding TEPCO’s Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station to the diplomatic missions on March 19th.
The issues that were covered in the session are listed below and the documents used in the session are available in the link below each item. As for the concrete information provided in the session, please refer to these documents.
- Preventive and multi-layered measures for decommissioning and contaminated water management (METI)
METI's Document 1 (PDF) METI's Document 2 (PDF)
- Updates on contaminated water issues and Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station related issues ((i) Progress of the fuel removal from the spent fuel pool in the Unit4, (ii) Contaminated water overflow from a tank, (iii) Water analysis issues) (TEPCO)
TEPCO's Document (PDF)
- Current results and trend of the marine monitoring (NRA)
NRA's Document 1 (PDF) NRA's Document 2 (PDF)
- The safety of fishery products (Fisheries Agency)
Fisheries Agency's Document (PDF)
- Provision of comprehensive information on Fukushima Daiichi NPS related issued through IAEA and IAEA's assessment (MOFA)
MOFA's Document (PDF)