Disarmament and Non-Proliferation, Peaceful Uses of Nuclear Technology
8th NPDI Ministerial Meeting (Hiroshima, 11th-12th April 2014)
April 9, 2014
On April 11 and 12, the 8th NPDI (Non-Proliferation and Disarmament Initiative) Ministerial Meeting and the related events will be held in Hiroshima. It is the first time for an NPDI ministerial meeting to take place in Japan, and Mr. Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs, will chair the meeting.
Overview of the NPDI (Read more [PDF])
I. Outline of the 8th NPDI Ministerial Meeting (Meaning, Date and Venue)
- To prepare NPDI's proposals toward the final Preparatory Committee for the NPT Review Conference in 2015, which also marks the 70th anniversary of the atomic bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
- To deliver a message on Japan's sincere efforts on Disarmament and Non-proliferation toward a world free of nuclear weapons.
- To give an opportunity to know the reality of the atomic bombing to the Foreign Ministers visiting Hiroshima
- 10:40am- 12th April, 2014
- Grand Prince Hotel Hiroshima
23-1, Motoujina-machi, Minami-ku, Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture,