Measures for Cross-Border Travel
1. Border Measures
Vaccination certificates and pre-departure tests are no longer required to enter Japan. Travelers and returnees with COVID-19 symptoms will no longer be subjected to on-arrival testing. Travelers with a positive COVID-19 test result will not be treated at designated facilities.
Genomic Surveillance of Infectious Diseases has begun from 12:00 a.m. (JST) on May 8.
- For information on Visa, please refer to Border enforcement measures to prevent the spread of novel coronavirus (COVID-19)
2. Contact Information for Inquiries
- For procedures upon arrival at the airport and the status of residence:
Contact: Immigration Service Agency of Japan
TEL (Main): 03-3580-4111
- For procedures for Visa application for entry into Japan
Contact: MOFA visa information service in Foreign Residents Support Center (Inquiries on visa)
TEL: 0570-011000 (Navigation Dial: Press  for English language). For certain type of internet protocol phone, please call 03-5363-3013.
JAPAN VISA INFORMATION HOTLINE(PDF) (Inquiries about visa application in different countries and regions)
- For general inquiries regarding border measures for entry into Japan;
Contact: Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare
TEL: 03-5253-1111 (Japanese only)
- For inquiries regarding flight information;
Contact: Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism, Civil Aviation Bureau, Director for Crisis Management Office