The 9th ASEAN Regional Forum Inter-Sessional Meeting on Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime
May 27, 2011
- The 9th ASEAN Regional Forum Inter-Sessional Meeting on Counter-Terrorism and Transnational Crime (ARF-CTTC-ISM) will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on 29-31 May 2011.
- The 9th ARF-CTTC-ISM will be co-chaired by H.E. Datuk Mohd Radzi Abdul Rahman, Secretary General of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia; and H.E. Takaaki Kojima, Ambassador in Charge of International Counter-Terrorism Cooperation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Officials from counter-terrorism and transnational crime related ministries and agencies from the ARF member countries will attend the meeting.
- The Meeting will focus, among others, on the assessment of the situation pertaining to terrorism and transnational crimes in the region, a review of the implementation of ARF decisions and also discussion on the future directions of ARF-CTTC-ISM.
- In recent years, ARF-CTTC-ISM has developed itself in a more action oriented way based on the ARF-CTTC Work Plan adopted at the 16th ARF in 2009. In order to contribute to the efforts in a positive way, then Japanese Foreign Minister Okada announced at the 17th ARF in 2010 our decision to co-chair the ARF-CTTC-ISM in 2011 with Malaysia.
- (*This is a provisional translation. The above date denotes the date of the issue of the original press release in Japanese.)
Back to Index