Africa Business Seminar in Nagoya
Highlighting the Potential of African Students
Expanding business/investment by the Japanese corporations in Africa is a key enabler for continuous and further economic growth of both Japan and Africa. The 7th Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD7) organized in August 2019 in Yokohama, Japan, have confirmed the strong commitment of the Government of Japan and African states to boost the trade and business investment in the continent. Against this backdrop, we are pleased to inform you that Africa Business Seminar in Nagoya – Highlighting the Potential of African Students - will be organized to introduce the asset of African students to the Japanese business community, for the Japanese corporations to elaborate the opportunities of business expansion in Africa, leveraging skills and expertise of African students.
The seminar consists of two sessions: the panel discussion to explore the asset of African students through the cases of Japanese corporations which have employed them and African students who have worked in the Japanese corporations, and the sector-based presentations to showcase business ideas and models by Japanese corporations wishing to hire African students and by African students wishing to work with Japanese corporations. For African students, it provides a valuable opportunity to be familiar with the expectations and requirements of Japanese corporations and a networking opportunity with them for future employment. We welcome participation of African students!
- Date / Time:
- Thursday, 19th December 2019, 13:30-16:30pm
- Seminar Room A, JICA Nagoya Global Plaza (4-60-7, Hiraike-cho, Nakamura-ku, Nagoya-city)
- 13:00 Doors open/registration
- 13:30 Opening Remarks
- Mr. Eiichi Hasegawa, Special Advisor to the Prime Minister of Japan
- Mr. Yasuhiko Yokoi, Chairman of the Africa-Japan Relations Committee, the Japan Association of the Corporate Executives (Senior Executive Advisor Toyota Tsusho Corp.)
- 13:50 Panel Discussion by Japanese Corporations and African Students
- Mr. Mikio Mori, Director General, African Affairs Department, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Yasuhiro Doi, Professor, School of Economics Department of Socio-Economic System, Nagoya University
- (Panel Discussion)
- Japanese corporations in Chukyo area and other which have employed African students and African students who have worked in the Japanese corporations will revisit the experience and discuss how to leverage each party’s assets and expectations.
- Dr. Seiichiro Yonekura, Professor, Hosei Business School/ Professor emeritus, Hitotsubashi University
- 15:05 Sector-based Presentation
- Japanese corporations in Chukyo area and other will present their service and business models, while African students will showcase their business ideas in a few selected sectors, followed by Q&A session.
- 16:05 Closing Remarks/Networking
- Mr. Osamu Kubota, Executive Vice President, JETRO
- Mr. Kazuhiko Koshikawa, Executive Senior Vice President, JICA
- 16:30 Closure
- Organizers: Ministry of Foreign Affairs, JICA, JETRO, UNDP
- Supporter: UNIDO
- Fee: Free
- Language: Japanese/English(Simultaneous translation provided)
Please register your participation from the below link, by Wednesday 18th December 2019 (the registration may close when reaching to the maximum capacity even before the closure date).
MOFA Second African Division
03-5501-8317 (Ms. Sakata)
JETRO Planning Department
03-3582-5196 (Ms. Hotta, Mr. Matsumura)
JICA Planning and TICAD Process Division, Africa Department
03-5226-8208 (Ms. Fujita, Mr. Yamamoto)
UNDP Representation Office in Tokyo
03-5467-4751 (Ms. Kondoh)