The 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation
Application for the Accreditation of the Commemorative Events
On the occasion of the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation in 2023, we would like to announce the procedures for accreditation of the event and the use of the official logo and catchphrase. At the same time, in order to further promote the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation, The ASEAN Secretariat and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan invite for a wide range of commemorative events for the "50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation" (hereinafter referred to as "Commemorative Events").
1. Meaning of the Logo and Catchphrase
The logo design features for ensuring the friendship that ASEAN and Japan have built, and it will be continued for many years to come by a red circle which symbolizes the Japanese flag is wrapped in a Mobius ring of ribbons of the ten bound stalks of rice which represent the member states of ASEAN in the ASEAN emblem. The Blue waves below represents the Ocean which connects Southeast Asian countries and Japan, which expresses the hope for each country will enjoy the rich benefits from the Ocean together, and connects friendship and cooperation to be built together.
"Golden Friendship, Golden Opportunities" being celebrated by ASEAN-Japan by 2023. This strong ties between member-states found in the long run of friendship and cooperation within 50-years, can be seen in their friendship that develops 50 years ago, and it was found productive and cooperative amongst the member-nations having their Golden Era of Opportunities amidst the pandemic, thus, another strong 50 years of Friendship and Cooperation, amidst economic recovery, is also looking forward for another golden opportunities along the way of Golden Friendship.
2. Usage of the Logo and Catchphrase and Application for the Accreditation of the Commemorative Events
- (1) The logo and catchphrase will be used at official events by the Japanese government and co-organizers, in addition, other partners such as governmental organizations, international organizations, local governments, diplomatic corps, private companies, NGO and other groups from civil societies can use the logo and catchphrase, at events that are held in line with the criteria described below.
- (2) In addition, with the participation and cooperation of a wide range of interested parties, we are also calling for a wide range of events to commemorate the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation from the viewpoint of further enhancing the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation within ASEAN member states and Japan.
Events that meet the objectives of the commemorative events may use the official logo and catchphrase after going through the application process for event accreditation, and will also be listed in the list of commemorative events on the website (ASEAN-Japan Centre Website).
Accreditation Criteria for the Commemorative Events
- (1) The logo and catchphrase may be used only for accredited events, goods, printed materials, etc. (hereinafter referred to as "events") that fall under any of the following categories:
- Events that aim to develop the ASEAN and Japan economy and society, promote the attractiveness of ASEAN and Japan, or build peace in ASEAN and Japan
- Events that contribute to strengthening Japan-ASEAN relations
- (2) Notwithstanding the provisions of the paragraph 1, the event may not, in principle, be accredited for any of the following events:
- Events offensive to public order or public morality, etc.
- Events for profit-making purposes or events not pursued in the public interest, etc.
- Events carried out by a political or religious organization or any equivalent organization, etc.
- Events that are highly political or religious events, etc.
- Events that may promote the interests of a specific organization, etc.
- Events to be hosted by an organization of dubious competence in event management, etc.
- Events that are not expected to facilitate the promotion of Japan or ASEAN member states or to promote international friendship or contribute to Japan's diplomacy, etc.
- Events that are not expected to promote friendship between Japan and other countries, etc.
- Events that violates or may violate any law or regulation of the venue of the event, etc.
- Events that are found to be inappropriate (eg, disregarding the spirit of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation etc.).
- Events that are not taken measures to prevent infections of COVID-19 required by the venue of events appropriately.
- (Note) Even after the permission is granted, the use of the logo and catchphrase would be cancelled and goods using the logo and catchphrase should be recalled, in case it becomes clear that the application was fraud, the logo and catchphrase is used for purposes other than declared purposes, the use of the logo and catchphrase does not meet the criteria, or in case the Government of Japan or the Government of ASEAN member states deems it necessary.
3. Procedure for accreditation event and using the logo and catchphrase
（1）Apply for the Accreditation of the Commemorative Events
Please fill out the online form" Application to commemorative events on “The 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation for Nominal Support and Pledge" and submit it in principle at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the event (the last date of receipt is Friday, December 1, 2023). You will then be notified of the approval or denial of accreditation by the event The Commemorative Events Secretariat for the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation (ASEAN- JAPAN Centre).
（2）Inquiries and Apply
The Commemorative Events Secretariat for the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation (ASEAN- JAPAN Centre)
4. Eligible Event Period and Application Period
- Eligible Event Period
- The event must be implemented on or after Sunday, January 1, 2023, and end on or before Sunday, December 31, 2023.
- Application Period
- Applications must be submitted from Monday, December 19, 2022, through Friday, December 1, 2023 (must arrive no later than the same date) via the online form following the above procedure. In principle, the logo and catchphrase will be used until Sunday, December 31, 2023.
- (1) The accreditation of the event and permission for using the logo and catchphrase does not mean that subsidies will be provided.
- (2) Even if the event accredited and usage of the logo and catchphrase is permitted, the responsibility of using the logo and catchphrase and implementation of the event lies under the applicant. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and The Commemorative Events Secretariat for the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation (ASEAN- JAPAN Centre) will not take any responsibilities.
- (3) If there are any changes for the purpose and on how to use the logo and catchphrase, or in case the event is cancelled, please inform The Commemorative Events Secretariat for the 50th Year of ASEAN-Japan Friendship and Cooperation (ASEAN- JAPAN Centre) via email as soon as possible.
- (4) The logo and catchphrase will be sent after approval for applicants that wishes to use the logo and catchphrase. The usage of the logo and catchphrase will be restricted for purpose that was declared upon application.
- (5) Please do not edit the design of the logo and catchphrase. Please make space between logo and catchphrase and other words or other designs. Please make sure that the words written on the logo and catchphrase is readable in size.
6. Application documents
- Appendix1. Budget for the event （Excel / PDF )
(Note: Other forms such as brochures describing the event budget are also acceptable.)
- Appendix2. Event report (Word / PDF )
(Note: After the event is completed, please submit a report summarizing the status of use and results.)
- Appendix3. Notification of change / cancelation for the (Word / PDF )