President Trump to Visit Japan
October 24, 2017
1. The Honorable Donald John Trump, President of the United States of America and his spouse, Mrs. Melania Trump will pay an Official Visit to Japan from November 5 to November 7, 2017.
2. During their stay in Japan, the President and his spouse will make a State Call on their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. President Trump will hold a summit meeting with Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan. President Trump, together with Prime Minister Abe, is also scheduled to meet with family members of the abductees by North Korea.
3. President Trump’s visit will be an ideal opportunity for the two leaders to address the challenges faced by the international community and demonstrate to the world the strong bond of Japan-U.S. Alliance at a time when the security environment in the region, including North Korea, is becoming increasingly severe. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and his spouse.
(1) This will be the Honorble Mr. Trump’s first visit to Japan as President.
(2) In the past, President Trump and Prime Minister Abe held meetings on the occasions of Prime Minister Abe’s visit to the U.S. in February 2017, G7 Taormina Summit in May 2017, G20 Hamburg Summit in July 2017 and General Assembly of the United Nations in September 2017.