About this Site
Official Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan
April 4, 2018
1. Basic premise
At the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereinafter referred to as "the Ministry"), we are collecting information from everyone using the Official Website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (hereinafter referred to as "the Site") in areas necessary to the smooth operation of the services (such as information provision) provided by the Site. Information acquired will be handled appropriately within the scope of the purposes of use.
2. Scope of information acquisition
- (1) We automatically collect and store Internet domain names, IP addresses, information about access to the Site (i.e., the date and time you access the Site and the pages you visit) and so on. Cookies (information transmitted from the server to the user's browser and stored on the user's computer in order for the server to identify users) may be used to the purposes to figure out the accurate number of accesses and to improve convenience of the browser display function.
- (2) At the "What's New" Mail Service corner, we ask users to register their e-mail address.
3. Purposes of use
- (1) The information acquired in 2. (1) will be used as a reference for the smooth operation of the service provided by the Site.
- (2) The information collected in 2. (2) will be used for the delivery of information about the Site.
4. Limitations on use and provision
At the Ministry, except in cases of legal disclosure requests, cases of illegal access, threats and other unlawful acts or other special reasons, the information acquired will not be used by ourselves for any purposes other than those described in 3., nor will it be provided to any third party. However, statistical information regarding access to the Site or information on users' attributes may be made public.
5. Measures to ensure security
The Ministry is taking the measures necessary to manage acquired information appropriately to prevent the leakage, loss or destruction of acquired information.
6. Disclosure of personal information
We do not collect names, birth dates and other information able to identify individuals on the Site. Therefore, we do not respond to requests for disclosure of personal information by the users of "What's New" Mail Service.
7. Scope of application