50th Anniversary of Japan-Singapore Diplomatic Relation Logo Competition 2016
Entrants holding a Japanese or Singapore nationality. For other nationalities, entrants must be residing in either Japan or Singapore.
Friday, 10th July 2015
The submitted logo designs will be evaluated in Tokyo and Singapore and only one final design will be selected. (The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan reserves the right not to select a winner, if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.)
Announcement of Results
The result will be announced on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan, and that of the Embassy of Japan in Singapore.
- Each entrant can submit only one design.
- Digital design must be: (1) no larger than 2MB, (2) above 300 dpi resolution (3) in JPEG or PDF formats; and (4) the whole logo must fit within one horizontal A4 size format
Note: The submitted design may be requested to be converted to another format
- A brief explanation about the submitted design (in under 100-words)must be included in the application form.
Note: The explanation of the winning design will be publicised.
- Entries should be submitted in both colour (no limitation on colour and gradation) and its black and white versions.
- The original data must be submitted together with the application form.
- All logo designs and related documents submitted will not be returned to the entrant.
- Only entries by e-mails are accepted.
For entrants residing in Japan: firstname.lastname@example.org
For entrants residing in Singapore and other countries: SJ50@sn.mofa.go.jp
‘Entry to SJ50 Logo Competition’
Attention to: The person in-charge of the 50th Anniversary of Japan-Singapore Diplomatic Relation Logo Design
Name or Company's name:
- Entry Form (Word)
- 2 versions of the logo design (in both colour and black and white versions)
(1) In the event where our mail server limit is exceeded due to the overwhelming number of entries, your entry may not reach us and you may receive the following returned message: (Your email was not delivered). Kindly resend your entry to the aforementioned email address.
(2) Please make sure a contactable telephone number and/or email address is provided in the application form as we may need to contact you regarding the submitted logo design.
(3) The winner of the logo design will be announced on our website. Please indicate clearly on the entry form, under “remarks”, if you do not wish foryour personal details (name etc.) to appear on our website.
Important Notes (Copyright and related Information)
- The submitted logo design must be an unpublished one both in Japan and abroad, and does not and will not violate copyrights, trademark rights, or infringe upon other rights of any third parties.
- In the event that any works are found to infringe the provisions of public order and standards of decency stipulated in the laws and regulations, contain defamatory contents, infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, and so forth, the entry shall be rejected even after it is selected as the winning design. In addition, if the submitted design is found to resemble a similar artwork, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan reserves the right to reject it even after it is selected as the winning design. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan shall assume no responsibility whatsoever for any inconvenience and damage that may arise as a result of the aforementioned cases.
- Any falsifications made in the entry will render it null and void even after the submitted design is selected as the winning design.
- The selected design may be subject to instructions for alterations and corrections and deemed as the final design after such actions are completed. However, if the design or the applicant is unable to fulfil such conditions, or is unable to agree on the design alteration, the entry will be rejected even after it is being selected as the winning design.
- Designs submitted for entry in the competition will be considered the exclusive property of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and all copyrights pertaining to the submitted design will belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (including rights of translation, adaptation, etc stipulated in the Article 27 and right of the original author in the exploitation of a derivative work stipulated in the Article 28 of the Copyright Law) In addition, the entrant of the selected design shall not exercise moral rights of an author, and all other rights pertaining to the selected design shall belong to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan.
- Authorised usage of the completed design shall be given by Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Japan (including the Embassy of Japan in Singapore) and the Singapore Government for the events related to the 50th Anniversary of Japan-Singapore Diplomatic Relation. As a general rule, any alterations on the design other than size adjustment and monochrome conversion will not be carried out.
- Personal information of the entrants will not be disclosed to any third party with the exception of name and organisation.
- We will not send you an acknowledgement of receipt as well as notification to the successful/unsuccessful entries. Moreover, we will not respond to any enquiries on the selection process.