Latin America and the Caribbean
Call for Designs:
Japan-CARICOM Friendship Year 2024 Logo
The year 2024 marks the 30th anniversary since the first Japan-CARICOM Consultation was held in 1993. The year 2024 is designated as the Japan-CARICOM Friendship Year to enhance the Japan-CARICOM relationship in diverse fields such as culture, trade and tourism. Throughout the year of 2024, commemorative events will be held in Japan and CARICOM member countries. We are calling far and wide for a logo design to be used in “Japan-CARICOM Friendship Year” related events and PR materials. We look forward to receiving your designs to invigorate the “Japan-CARICOM Friendship Year.”
Overview - Call for designs
- Please submit your design(s) of Logo for Japan-CARICOM Friendship Year 2024
For your reference, when a logo is used at bilateral events, it is also assumed that the national flags of Japan and the other country will be used together.
- Submissions are welcome from anyone, regardless of nationality, age, or place of residence.
- Submissions must be received by April 3, 2023 (local time).
- Please submit your logo by email to Caribbean Division, Latin American and Caribbean Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will evaluate the submitted designs and choose one design to be used as the official logo for the Japan-CARICOM Friendship Year.
- The results will be announced on the website of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in May, 2023.
How to submit your design
Please send your logo design by email entitled “Logo Entry” and addressed to Caribbean Division, Latin American and Caribbean Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (email@example.com). Be sure to include your name and affiliation in the body of the email and attach a file of a brief explanation of your logo design. We regret that we cannot accept submissions by post.
- Your logo must be sent as a JPEG, PDF or EPS file no larger than 3 MB and at a resolution of at least 300 dpi. It should fit on an A4 page when printed. (We may request formatting changes if necessary.)
- The explanation of your logo design must be approximately 50 words long. Please do not include it in the email body, but attach it as a separate file. When the selected logo is announced, the explanation will be made public.
- Please submit both color and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions on number of colors, gradations, etc.).
- You may submit as many logo designs as you wish.
- No submitted logo designs or materials will be returned.
Points to note
- Submitted logo designs must be new, not previously published anywhere, and must not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, etc., of any third parties.
- Submissions that contain any of the following will be disqualified:
(a) content that is offensive,
(b) content that violates or might violate laws,
(c) content promoting political or religious groups or positions,
(d) content that is culturally or socially insensitive,
(e) content that does not fit the Friendship Year’s purpose of promoting friendly relations between Japan and CARICOM countries,
(f) content that is for commercial purposes.
- The selected design will be subject to any edits, alterations or processing necessary for use. In the event the logo is found to be unsatisfactory after the selection process, or if agreement cannot be reached as to revisions to the logo, the selected design will be withdrawn from use.
- All rights to submitted designs and the copyright to the selected logo will belong to Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan. Those submitting designs agree to relinquish all rights and interests in the designs. In principle, submitted designs will not be altered other than to adjust size, convert to black-and-white, or to translate into Japanese or English.
- The selected logo may be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the design is later determined to be false.
- The selected logo design in its final form will be distributed to parties authorized by Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan and will be used in conjunction with the Japan- CARICOM Friendship Year.
- Personal information (other than name and affiliation) of those submitting logo designs will not be disclosed or offered to third parties without the designer’s permission.
- Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged, and authors of designs not selected will not be contacted. We regret that no inquiries concerning the judgment process can be accepted.
For more information
Please contact the Caribbean Division, Latin American and Caribbean Affairs Bureau, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (firstname.lastname@example.org).