Second Round of Negotiations on a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) among Japan, China and the ROK
August 2, 2013
- The second round of negotiations for a Free Trade Agreement (FTA) among Japan, China and the Republic of Korea (ROK) was held in Shanghai, China from July 30 to August 2.
- From the Japanese side, Mr. Yasumasa Nagamine, Deputy Minister for Foreign Affairs (Chief Delegate), and representatives from other relevant ministries attended the meeting. From the Chinese side, Mr. Yu Jianhua, Deputy International Trade representative, Mofcom of the People's Republic of China (Chief Delegate), and other representatives attended the meeting. From the Korean side, Mr. Woo Taehee, Assistant Minister for Trade & Chief Negotiator for FTAs, of the Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy of the Republic of Korea (Chief Delegate), and other representatives attended the meeting.
- In this round of negotiations, areas such as Trade in Goods, Trade in Services, Customs Procedures, Competition Policies, amongst others, were discussed.
- The next round of negotiations will be held in Japan.
* The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original press release in Japanese.