Fourth Japan-EU English Haiku Contest
June 3, 2013
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) and the Delegation of the European Union to Japan will host the Fourth Japan-EU English Haiku Contest under the theme of "Rainbow".
- The contest is open to the nationals of Japan and the EU member states (including Croatia; the same will apply hereinafter), who reside in Japan or the EU member states. The application period will be from June 3 to August 1.
- One winner each from the EU and Japan will be announced in due course. MOFA will offer the winner from the EU a round-trip to Matsuyama City, the birthplace of modern Haiku in Japan. The EU Delegation to Japan will invite the winner from Japan to Belgium, the home country of European Council President H.E. Mr. Herman Van Rompuy who loves Haiku and an active Haikuist himself.
- During the application period, some of submitted Haiku will be posted on the Facebook Fan Page. Facebook account holders can enjoy communicating with each other on the page.
- This contest is expected to build a bridge of friendship like rainbow which encourages more active people-to-people exchanges between Japan and the EU.