Courtesy call on Foreign Minister HAYASHI by a Delegation of United States House Ways and Means Committee members
On June 26, commencing at 2:05 p.m. for approximately 35 minutes, Mr. HAYASHI Yoshimasa, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, received a courtesy call from a delegation of United States House Ways and Means Committee members who are visiting Japan at the invitation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan.
- At the outset, Minister Hayashi welcomed the delegation’s visit to Japan and remarked that their visit, as members of the House Committee handling trade issuesis a timely one at a time when momentum is growing to advance Japan-U.S. economic relations.
- Moreover, Foreign Minister Hayashi shared his view that U.S. engagement in the region’s economic order and economic security is increasingly important and explained bilateral initiatives such as the Economic “2+2”. He then conveyedJapan’s position on the TPP froma strategic perspective.
- The delegation thanked Foreign Minister Hayashi for the invitation and stated that they look forward to continuing to advance cooperation between Japan and the U.S.
- Representative Richard Neal, United States Congressman
- Representative Adrian Smith, United States Congressman
- Representative Earl Blumenauer, United States Congressman
- Representative Dan Kildee, United States Congressman
- Representative Nicole Malliotakis, United States Congresswoman