The 1st Annual Meeting on Japan-Turkey Disaster Risk Reduction Cooperation
1. On December 10, the 1st Annual Meeting on Japan-Turkey Disaster Risk Reduction Cooperation was held in Tokyo, based on Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) of Cooperation on Disaster Risk Reduction that was signed between Japan and Turkey last December.
2. The meeting was attended by the Japanese delegation composed of the officials of Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA), Ministry of Land, Infrastructure, Transport and Tourism (MLIT), Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology-Japan (MEXT), Cabinet Office, Cabinet Secretariat, Fire and Disaster Management Agency (FDMA) and JICA, as well as the Turkish delegation headed by Hamza TAŞDELEN, Deputy Head of Disaster and Emergency Management Authority (AFAD), Ministry of Interior.
3. The both side verified the current situation and developments of each cooperation project and exchanged views on future cooperation at the meeting.
4. The Turkish delegation also visited several institutions and facilities related to disaster risk reduction to deepen its understanding of Japanese disaster reduction technology.
5. Both sides agreed to continue to exchange views at regular intervals and to extend further cooperation not only between the two countries but also on the third country or in the international arena.