Study Tour to Kagoshima Prefecture by the Diplomatic Corps in Japan
November 7, 2019
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will organize a Study Tour jointly with Kagoshima Prefecture for the diplomatic corps stationed in Japan from November 14 to 15.
2. These Study Tours are held every year by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs together with local governments or bodies in order to showcase regional attractions such as history, culture, tourism, local products and industries to diplomats posted in Japan.
3. In this tour, the diplomatic corps will visit historical sites of Kagoshima Prefecture, which was one of the stages of the Meiji industrial Revolution. They will also deepen understanding of the industries that take advantage of the nature represented by Sakurajima, and of the local residents' way of living with nature.
Tentative Itinerary (Places to visit)
- Komasa Jyozo, Hioki Distillery & Kanosuke Distillery
- Sakurajima, Yunohira Observatory
- Obama Fisheries Group Corporation
- Sakamoto Kurozu -Amber Rice Vinegar- Center & Field
- Kirishima Shrine