Study Tour to Iizuka City, Fukuoka Prefecture, by the Diplomatic Corps in Japan
April 15, 2019
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will organize a Study Tour jointly with the Iizuka City for the diplomatic corps stationed in Japan from April 22 to 23.
2. These Study Tours are held every year by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs together with local governments or bodies in order to showcase regional attractions such as history, culture, tourism, local products and industries to diplomats posted in Japan.
3. During this Study Tour, the diplomatic corps will watch “Japan Open”－Iizuka International Wheelchair Tennis Championships, prior to 2020 Paralympic Games in Tokyo. They also visit some facilities related to history and culture of Iizuka City. It is expected that this Tour will deepen their understanding of the region.
[Reference] Tentative Itinerary (Places of visit)
- Uchino Post-Station, Nagasaki Kaido Road
- Kaho Theater
- Iizuka High School
- “Japan Open”－Iizuka International Wheelchair Tennis Championships
- Dazaifu Tenmangu (Dazaifu City)