Chancellor of Germany to Visit Japan
1. H.E. Dr. Angela Merkel, Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, will pay an Official Visit to Japan from February 4 to February 5, 2019.
2. During her stay in Japan, the Chancellor will be received in audience by His Majesty the Emperor of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting with the Chancellor and host a dinner in her honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the Chancellor, which will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Federal Republic of Germany.
(1) This will be H.E. Dr. Angela Merkel’s fifth visit to Japan as the Chancellor of Germany.
(2) H.E. Dr. Angela Merkel visited Japan in the following occasions: Official visit to Japan in August 2007, G8 Hokkaido-Toyako Summit meeting in July 2008, Official visit to Japan in March 2015, and G8 Iseshima Summit meeting in May 2016.