Study Tour to Fukushima Prefecture by the Diplomatic Corps in Japan
January 9, 2019
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan will organize a Study Tour jointly with the Fukushima Prefecture for the diplomatic corps stationed in Japan from January 15 to 16.
2. These Study Tours are held every year by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs together with local governments or bodies in order to showcase regional attractions such as history, culture, tourism, local products and industries to diplomats posted in Japan.
3. During this Study Tour, the diplomatic corps will visit some facilities related to industy, history and culture of Fukushima prefecture. It is expected that this Tour will deepen their understanding revitalization in Fukushima Prefecture and their attractiveness.
[Reference] Tentative Itinerary (Places of visit)
- Fukushima Medical Device Development Support Center (Koriyama City)
- Takashiba Dekoyashiki (Koriyama City)
- Okunomatsu Sake Brewery (Nihonmatsu City)
- Soma Futaba Fisheries Cooperative Association (Soma City)
- J-Village (Hirono Town)
- Wonder Farm (Iwaki City)
- Fukushima Marine Science Museum Aquamarine Fukushima (Iwaki City)