Exchange of Diplomatic Notes for the Entry into Force of the Protocol Amending the Agreement between Japan and the Czech Republic on Social Security
1. Diplomatic notes for the entry into force of "the Protocol Amending the Agreement between Japan and the Czech Republic on Social Security (PDF)" (signed on February 1, 2017) were exchanged on May 16, 2018 in Prague. With this exchange, this Protocol will enter into force on August 1, 2018.
2. The Protocol amends part of the current Agreement, which entered into force in 2009 (PDF);
(1) To further eliminate the problem of the compulsory coverage under the social security systems of both countries by clarifying the category of employees temporarily detached.
(2) To adjust the wording of the text along with the entry into force of the law in Japan, which unified the relevant employees’ pension systems into the Employees’ Pension Insurance.
3. It is expected that the entry into force of the Protocol will further promote human and economic exchanges between Japan and the Czech Republic.