Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of Samoa to Visit Japan
1. H.E.Mr. Tuilaepa Fatialofa Lupesoliai Sailele Malielegaoi, Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs and Trade of the Independent State of Samoa and his spouse, Mrs. Gillian Muriel Malielegaoi, will pay an Official Visit to Japan from Sunday, May 13 to Wednesday, May 16, 2018.
2. During their stay in Japan, the Prime Minister and his spouse will be received in audience by Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting with the Prime Minister and host a dinner in his honor.
3. Prime Minister Tuilaepa will attend the 8th Pacific Islands Leaders Meeting (PALM8) which will be held on May 18th and 19th in Iwaki City, Fukushima Prefecture.
4. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the Prime Minister and his spouse, and hopes the visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Independent State of Samoa.
(1) This will be H.E.Mr. Tuilaepa Fatialofa Lupesoliai Sailele Malielegaoi’s 9th visit to Japan as the Prime Minister.