The King and Queen of Sweden to Visit Japan
March 30, 2018
1. His Majesty the King Carl XVI Gustaf of the Kingdom of Sweden and Her Majesty the Queen Silvia of the Kingdom of Sweden will pay an Official Visit to Japan from April 22 to April 25, 2018.
2. During their stay in Japan, Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress will invite Their Majesties the King and Queen to a dinner. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan and Mrs. Abe will hold a meeting with Their Majesties the King and Queen and host a dinner in their honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of Their Majesties the King and Queen, and hopes this visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Kingdom of Sweden.
(1) His Majesty the King Carl XVI Gustaf has visited Japan on a number of occasions.
(2) His last visit was in 2016 when he led the delegation of the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences and he also had a meeting with Prime Minister Abe.