Reception co-hosted by the Minister for Foreign Affairs
and the Governor of Kochi Prefecture
1. On February 19, a Joint Reception will be held by the Minister for Foreign Affairs and the Governor of Kochi Prefecture at the Iikura Guest House.
2. This reception is a program co-hosted by the Minister for Foreign Affairs and a head of local government to promote a variety of charms of local municipalities by utilizing the Iikura Guest House as a venue. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) supports local governments for regional revitalization and promotion of the local economy, while taking in the dynamic growth of overseas.
3. The 13th reception will be held and hosted by Foreign Minister Taro Kono for the first time.
4. Guests will be entertained by the introduction of Kochi’s tourism and cuisine promotion program, the exhibition of traditional crafts and the performance of “ Yosakoi dance ”. Charms of Kochi will be widely promoted to the diplomatic corps and foreign chambers of commerce stationed in Tokyo as well as tourist industry.
5. Prior to the reception, a seminar entitled “ The charm and warmth of the Kochi Family ~ Come and join our family! ~ ” will be held by Kochi Prefecture with the cooperation of MOFA.