Relaxation of Visa Requirements for Nationals of the Republic of Belarus
December 15, 2017
1. The relaxation of visa requirements for short-term stay for nationals of the Republic of Belarus (ordinary passport holders), decided on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the establishment of Japan-Belarus diplomatic relations for further promoting the bilateral relations, including people-to-people exchanges, will come in effect on January 1, 2018.
2. The specific measures to be taken are as follows:
(1) The scope of applicants eligible for multiple entry visas for short-term stay with business purposes and for cultural and intellectual figures will be expanded, and in addition, the validity period of the visas will be extended from 3 years to 5 years maximum.
(2) The letter of reference from guarantor will be abolished for applicants of visas for short-term stay in case they travel to Japan financed by themselves.
3. The abovementioned relaxation of visa requirements are expected to further advance people-to-people exchanges with the Republic of Belarus, including improvement of convenience for tourists and business persons as well as an increase in repeat visitors.