Relaxation of Visa Requirements Nationals for Armenia
June 29, 2017
1. The relaxation of visa requirements for short-term stay by nationals (ordinary passport holders) of the Republic of Armenia that was announced by Mr. Motome Takisawa, Parliamentary Vice-Minister for Foreign Affairs, during his visit to Armenia from June 28 to 29, will come into effect for applications submitted on or after September 1.
2. The specific measures to be taken are as follows:
(1) The scope of applicants eligible for multiple entry visas for short-term stay with business purposes and for cultural and intellectual figures will be expanded, and in addition, the validity period of the visas will be extended from 3 years to 5 years maximum.
(2) The letter of reference from a guarantor will not be required for applicants of visas for short-term stays in case they are self-financing their travels to Japan.
3. The abovementioned relaxation of visa requirements is expected to further advance people-to-people exchanges with Armenia, including improvement of convenience for tourists and business persons as well as an increase in the number of visitors to Japan.
Note: Deatailed information including the specific application documents will be provided on the Ministry of Foreign Affairs website.