The President of Mozambique to Visit Japan
1. H.E. Mr. Filipe Jacinto Nyusi, President of the Republic of Mozambique and his spouse, Mrs. Isaura Gonçalo Ferrão Nyusi, First Lady of the Republic of Mozambique, will pay an Official Working Visit to Japan from Monday, March 13 to Thursday, March 16, 2017.
2. During their stay in Japan, the President and his spouse will make a State Call on Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan, will hold a meeting as well as host a dinner for the President.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of the President and his spouse and hopes that this visit will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Republic of Mozambique.
(1) This will be H.E. Mr. Filipe Jacinto Nyusi’s first visit to Japan.
(2) President Nyusi had a meeting with Prime Minister Abe on the occasion of the Sixth Tokyo International Conference on African Development (TICAD VI) in August 2016.