The King and Queen of Spain to Visit Japan
1. His Majesty the King Felipe VI of the Kingdom of Spain and Her Majesty the Queen Letizia of the Kingdom of Spain will pay a State Visit to Japan from Tuesday, April 4 to Friday, April 7, 2017.
2. During Their Majesties’ stay in Japan, Their Majesties the King and Queen will make a State Call on Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress of Japan. Their Majesties the Emperor and Empress will host a State Banquet in honor of Their Majesties the King and Queen. Mr. Shinzo Abe, Prime Minister of Japan and Mrs. Abe will hold a meeting with their Majesties the King and Queen and also host a dinner in their honor.
3. The Government of Japan sincerely welcomes the visit of Their Majesties the King and Queen of Spain, which will further strengthen the friendly relations between Japan and the Kingdom of Spain.
(1) This will be His Majesty the King Felipe VI’s first visit to Japan as the King. He has visited Japan three times in the past (1990, 1998 and 2005).
(2) His Majesty the King Felipe VI and Prime Minister Abe have never held a meeting before.