Relaxation of Visa Requirements for Chinese Citizens
September 27, 2016
1. On October 17, the relaxed visa requirements for Chinese citizens that were announced on April 30, 2016 will come in effect.
2. The specific measures are as follows.
(1) Multi-entry visas for short-term stay with business purpose and for cultural or intellectual figures
The scope of applicants will be expanded and the validity period of the visas will be extended from five years to 10 years maximum.
(2) Single-entry visas for students, graduate students and alumni of the universities of the Ministry of Education of China
Students, graduate students and alumni of the universities of the Ministry of Education of China are allowed to submit certificate of student status or graduation instead of the document to confirm financial capability
3. The abovementioned relaxation of visa requirements are expected to further advance people-to-people exchanges with China, including improvement of convenience in business activities as well as an increase in repeat visitors and young visitors.