2016 Junior Summit in Mie
1. The 2016 Junior Summit in Mie, a summit for junior high and high school students, will be held in connection with the Ise-Shima Summit for the purposes of fostering international exchanges between youths and raising their awareness of the issues faced by the international community. An overview of the event is as follows:
(1) Dates: Friday, April 22 - Thursday, April 28, 2016 (tentative)
(2) Location: Main venue in Kuwana City, Mie Prefecture, with visits in Mie Prefecture and to Tokyo
(3) Participants: Two boys and two girls aged 15-18 from each G7 member country.
(Ise-shima Summit Affairs Bureau of the Mie prefectural government has been asked to select the participants from Japan.)
2. The participants will discuss topics related to the main theme of "The Planet for the next generations: the environment and sustainable society."
3. In addition, exchanges and interactive activities around Mie Prefecture and in Tokyo are planned, presenting the opportunity to experience the diverse allures of Japan and to deepen exchanges between youths of the same generation.