Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida to Visit India and Europe
1. Mr. Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs, will visit India, the French Republic, the Kingdom of Belgium and the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland from January 15 to 22.
2. In India, Minister Kishida is scheduled to hold a Japan-India Foreign Ministers’ Strategic Dialogue with H. E. Mrs. Sushma Swaraj, External Affairs Minister of India, and make a courtesy call on H.E. Mr. Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India.
3. In Europe, Minister Kishida is scheduled to hold meetings with H.E. Mr. Laurent Fabius, Minister of Foreign Affairs and International Development of France, Ms. Federica Mogherini, the European Union’s High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, H.E. Mr. Didier Reynders, Federal Vice Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Foreign Trade and European Affairs of Belgium, Rt. Hon. Philip Hammond, Secretary of State for Foreign and Commonwealth Affairs of the U.K., among others. In addition, Minister Kishida will hold the first Foreign and Defense Ministers’ Meeting in the U.K.
4. Furthermore, in Delhi and Brussels, Minister Kishida is scheduled to give speeches at think tanks and convey Japan’s determination to contribute to regional and global peace and prosperity.
5. Minister Kishida’s visit to the Asian and European regions, which are important partners for “Japan’s Foreign Policy that Takes a Panoramic Perspective of the World Map,” is expected to encourage stronger ties for contributing to global peace, stability and prosperity.