Fifth Japan-EU English Haiku Contest
1. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) and the Delegation of the European Union to Japan will host the Fifth Japan-EU English Haiku Contest under the theme of “Wonderful Encounter”.
2. The contest is open to the nationals of Japan and the EU member states, who reside in Japan or the EU member states. The application period will be from May 7th to June 27th.
3. One winner each from the EU and Japan will be announced in due course. MOFA and the Delegation of the EU to Japan will offer the winner from the EU and Japan a round-trip to Matsuyama City, the birthplace of modern Haiku in Japan.
4. During the application period, some of submitted Haiku will be posted on the Facebook Fan Page. Facebook account holders can enjoy communicating with each other on the page.
5. This contest is expected to provide an opportunity to meet citizens of Japan and the EU, which encourages more active people-to-people exchanges between the two.