Dispatch of the Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) Expert Team in Response to the Typhoon Disaster in the Philippines
November 25, 2013
1. The Government of Japan has decided to dispatch the Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) Expert Team to the Republic of the Philippines, which has been hit by the disaster caused by the Typhoon (Philippine name Yolanda). The team departs for the Philippines on November 26 (Tue).
2. The JDR Expert Team consists of experts in the field of rehabilitation of devastated areas. The team will act in the Central Philippines and other areas.
*In addition to the dispatch of Japan Disaster Relief Team
(Medical team and Japan Self-Defense Force (Unit), Japan decided to provide the following assistance (52.1 million USD (5.26 billion JPY) in total);(1) Emergency Grant Aid : 30 million USD (app. 3 billion JPY)
(2) Emergency Relief Goods : app. 0.6 million USD (app. 60 million JPY)
(3) Assistance through Japanese NGOs (JPF) : 1.5 million USD (app. 150 million JPY)
(4) Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR) of Asian Development Bank (ADB) : 20 million USD (app. Billion JPY)
(5)ASEAN Plus Three Emergency Rice Reserve (APTERR) : 500 thousand USD (app:50 million JPY)