Dispatch of the second Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) Medical Team in Response to the Typhoon Disaster in the Philippines
November 18, 2013
1. On November 18, the Government of Japan has decided to dispatch the second Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) medical team to the Republic of the Philippines, which has been hit by the disaster caused by the Typhoon (Philippine name Yolanda). The team will depart for the Philippines on November 20 (Wed).
2. The second JDR Medical team will take over the duties from the first JDR Medical team and will be engaged in medical relief activities in Tacloban City, Leyte Island.
In addition to the dispatch of Japan Disaster Relief Team (Medical team and Japan Self-Defense Force (Unit), Japan decided to provide the following assistance (52.1 million USD (5.21 billion JPY) in total);(1) Emergency Grant Aid : 30 million USD (app. 3 billion JPY)
(2) Emergency Relief Goods : app. 0.6 million USD (app. 60 million JPY)
(3) Assistance through Japanese NGOs (JPF) : 1.5 million USD (app. 150 million JPY)
(4) Japan Fund for Poverty Reduction (JFPR) of Asian Development Bank (ADB) : 20 million USD (app. Billion JPY)