Dispatch of the Third Japan Disaster Relief Medical Team in Response to the Earthquake Damage in the Republic of Türkiye
March 3, 2023
- On March 3, the Government of Japan decided to dispatch the third Japan Disaster Relief (JDR) Medical Team, consisting of 41 members, to the Republic of Türkiye which suffered damages from a large-scale earthquake. The team will depart for Türkiye from March 4 sequentially and replace the second JDR Medical Team already operating in Gaziantep to continue providing medical assistance.
- Japan will continue to provide seamless and effective assistance as much as possible until the restoration and reconstruction of Türkiye.
(Reference1) JDR Medical Team
The team consists of personnel that includes the team leader, doctors, nurses, pharmacists, medical coordinators, task coordinators, etc.
(Reference2) Assistance extended so far by the Government of Japan in response to the earthquake damage in the Republic of Türkiye
- (1) Dispatched the JDR Urban Search and Rescue Team (74 members), the first JDR Medical Team (75 members), the second JDR Medical Team (65 members), and JDR Self-Defense Force Units.
- (2) Emergency relief goods: Tents, blankets, sleeping pads, etc.
- (3) Announced provision of Emergency Grant Aid of $8.5 million.