Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) Ministerial
Mr. NISHIMURA Yasutoshi, Minister for Economy, Trade and Industry, and Mr. YAMADA Kenji, State Minister for Foreign Affairs, attended the Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) Ministerial held in Los Angeles on September 8-9. The overview of the meeting is as follows:
- The Indo-Pacific Economic Framework for Prosperity (IPEF) Ministerial was co-hosted by H.E. Ambassador Katherine Tai, United States Trade Representative, and the Honorable Gina Raimondo, Secretary of Commerce of the United States of America, and attended by representatives from Australia, Brunei, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam and Japan.
- The participants held discussions in the following four pillars: trade, supply chains, clean economy and fair economy. Four ministerial statements, corresponding to each pillar, were issued after the meeting.
- State Minister YAMADA also held informal talks with all IPEF members individually, and held bilateral meetings with representatives from Australia, Brunei, Fiji, Indonesia, Malaysia, New Zealand, Philippines, and Thailand to discuss various challenges in the Indo-Pacific region, in addition to the IPEF, and confirmed that they will continue close collaboration.
- Australia: Senator Hon. Don Farrell, Minister for Trade and Tourism
- Brunei Darussalam: Dato Seri Setia Dr Awang Haji Mohd Amin Liew bin Abdullah, Minister at the Prime Minister's Office and Minister of Finance and Economy II
- Fiji: Hon. Faiyaz Koya, Minister for Commerce, Trade, Tourism and Transport
- India: H.E. Mr. Piyush Goyal, Minister of Commerce and Industry
- Indonesia: H.E. Mr. Airlangga Hartarto, Coordinating Minister for Foreign Affairs
H.E. Mr. Agus Gumiwang Kartasasmita, Minister for Industry
- Malaysia: Dato’ Seri Mohamed Azmin bin Ali, Senior Minister, Minister of International Trade and Industry
- New Zealand: Hon. Damien O’Connor, Minister for Trade and Export Growth
- Philippines: Mr. Carlos D. Sorreta, Undersecretary for Multilateral Affairs and International Economic Relations, Department of Foreign Affairs
Dr. Ceferino S. Rodolfo, Undersecretary for Industry Development and Trade Policy Group, Department of Trade and Industry
- Republic of Korea: Dr. Ahn Duk-geun, Minister for Trade, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy
- Singapore: Mr. Gan Kim Yong, Minister for Trade and Industry
- Thailand: H.E.Mrs. Pornpimol Kanchanalak, Advisor to the Minister of Foreign Affairs
- Vietnam: H.E.Mr. Nguyen Hong Dien, Minister of Industry and Trade