Foreign Minister Hayashi to visit Okayama Prefecture
(“Local to Global” Project)
February 3, 2023
On February 5, Mr. HAYASHI Yoshimasa, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, is scheduled to visit Okayama Prefecture with diplomatic corps in Japan as the third round of the “Local to Global” Project which aims to promote the attractions of Japan’s regional areas to the world, following his visits to Nagasaki Prefecture last November and to Miyagi and Yamagata Prefectures last December. Minister Hayashi will be accompanied by Mr. TAKEI Shunsuke, State Minister for Foreign Affairs.
- During this visit, Minister Hayashi will have an exchange of opinions with people from local governments and business communities, together with the diplomatic corps, in Kurashiki City where the G7 Kurashiki Labour and Employment Ministers’ Meeting will be held this April, and will also visit attractive sightseeing spots and textile-related industrial facilities unique to this area.
- In Okayama City, Minister Hayashi is also scheduled to hold a roundtable dialogue on Japan’s diplomatic policy and the promotion of Okayama’s appeal together with people based in Okayama, including youths, who are actively contributing to various fields, such as international exchanges.
(Reference)Outline of Visiting Schedule
- Visit sites in Kurashiki City (Marugo Company Inc., Kurashiki Bikan Historical Area, Ohara Museum of Art, Washuzan Hill (Second Lookout Point) in Shimotsui, Betty Smith Co., Ltd.)
- Exchange of views with local governments and business communities (in Kurashiki City)
- Roundtable dialogue with people based in Okayama (in Okayama City)