Ninth Asian Senior-level Talks on Non-Proliferation (ASTOP-IX)
March 13, 2013
- The Ministry of Foreign Affairs will host the Ninth Asian Senior-level Talks on Non-Proliferation (ASTOP-IX) on Thursday, March 14 in Tokyo.
- ASEAN member states, China, the Republic of Korea and countries with a common interest in the security of the Asian region such as Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States will be represented among the convening senior government officials in charge of non-proliferation policies.
Various issues related to the strengthening of the non-proliferation apparatus in Asia will be discussed during the Talks to deepen the level of understanding among countries of their desired non-proliferation implementation measures, the obstacles they would face and solutions to such obstacles.
- ASTOP-IX will build on the discussions of the eighth previous meetings. ASTOP-IX will include the following topics:
(1) Maintaining and strengthening the international nuclear non-proliferation regime
(2) Counter-proliferation measures and recent development
[Note] Past meetings of the Asian Senior-level Talks on Non-Proliferation (ASTOP)
|First Meeting||(Tokyo)||November 13,||2003|
|Second Meeting||(Tokyo)||February 9,||2005|
|Third Meeting||(Tokyo)||February 13,||2006|
|Fourth Meeting||(Tokyo)||January 25-26,||2007|
|Fifth Meeting||(Tokyo)||April 25,||2008|
|Sixth Meeting||(Tokyo)||December 11,||2009|
|Seventh Meeting||(Tokyo)||January 17,||2011|
- (* The foregoing is a provisional translation. The date indicated above denotes the date of issue of the original in Japanese.)