The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding for FY 2012
(Call for Application for Asian Program Associates)
September 25, 2012
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding is a program established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) in 2007 in order to strengthen civilian capacity of Japan and other Asian Countries in the field of peacebuilding. The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC), commissioned by MOFA, coordinates the entire program in cooperation with the United Nations Volunteers (UNV) programme.
- In this September, the Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC) started to accept applications for 18 Asian Program Associates (3 for the Civilian Experts Course and 15 for the Primary Course)* who will participate in the FY2012 Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding. Applications for the Civilian Experts Course will be accepted until October 15 (Monday), and those for the Primary Course until October 29 (Monday).
(note) Those from the following Asian countries are able to apply for this program: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Brunei, Cambodia, China, Fiji, Timor-Leste, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz, Laos, Malaysia, Mongol, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
- The Asian Program Associates for the Civilian Experts Course participate in the coursework in Tokyo (conducted in English) from November 7 to 20, 2012 together with 10 Japanese Program Associates. The Program Associates for the Primary Course participate in the coursework in Tokyo and Hiroshima (conducted in English) from January 24 to March 6, 2013 together with 15 Japanese PAs. A few highly qualified Asian PAs selected from those who wish to participate in the Overseas Attachment may carry out the UNV assignment as a UN volunteer at field offices of international organizations engaged in peacebuilding and PKO missions (maximum of 6 months).
- The reports of the past year's programs are available on the HPC website:
For general inquiries on the contents of the program and the application procedure:
- The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center [HPC]
- 1-20 Ko-machi, Naka-ku, Hiroshima City
- (submission of the application) firstname.lastname@example.org
(general inquiries) email@example.com
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2011 (Pamphlet) (March 2012) P1-10 [PDF] P11-22 [PDF] P23-26 [PDF]
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2010 (Pamphlet) (March 2011)
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2009 (Pamphlet) (March 2010)
Back to Index