G8 Government/Private Sector High-Level Meeting on High-Tech Crime
(The Tokyo Conference)
Constant advancement of IT (Information and communication technology) has been accompanied by abuse of the new technologies. High-tech crime poses a serious global threat.
In order to combat effectively high-tech crime, international cooperation is indispensable, not only among governments but also between governments and the private sector.
At the Kyushu-Okinawa Summit last year, G8 Heads of State and Government stressed the need to promote dialogue with the private sector.
The Tokyo Conference is to be convened to follow up the commitment by the Heads, with a view to further promoting dialogue between governments and the private sector, capitalizing on the work done at the previous meetings, namely the Paris Conference and the Berlin Workshop meeting.
2. Outline of the Conference
- Date: 22 May (Tuesday)- 24 May (Thursday), 2001
- Location: Tokyo (Hotel Nikko Tokyo)
- Language: English
- Participants: 10 - 20 participants from each of G8 countries (both from governments and the private sector, some participants from relevant international organisations. About 200 participants in total.
- Format: The conference consists of plenary sessions and workshop sessions on each project
Day1: 22nd May (Tue)
|9:00 - 9:45||Opening Session|
|10:00 - 17:30||Workshop Sessions|
Day2: 23rd May (Wed)
|9:00 - 17:00||Workshop Sessions|
Day3: 24th May (Thu)
|9:00 - 9:30||Keynote Speech (Japanese Government)|
|9:30 - 14:00||Report of Workshop sessions and general discussion, etc|
|14:15 -15:00||Press Conference|
- Partnership between Government and the Private Sector
- Ministerial Conference of the G8 on Combating Transnational Organized Crime (Moscow, October 19-20, 1999)
- G8 Conference "A Government/Industry Dialogue on Safety and Confidence in Cyberspace" (Paris, 15-17 May, 2000)
- G8 Government/Industry Dialogue on Safety and Confidence in Cyberspace (Berlin, October 24-26)
- Conference of the G8 Ministerial of Justice and Interior (Milan, February 26-27)
- Lyon Group
Back to Index