Opinion Poll on Japan
Opinion Poll on Japan in Australia
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan commissioned IPSOS Indonesia to conduct an opinion poll with online survey on the image of Japan in Australia from February to March 2018. The poll was carried out with 400 respondents aged from 18 to 59 through online. The results of the poll are as follows.
- 82% (previous survey: 81%) of the respondents answered "very friendly" or "somewhat friendly" on how they viewed their country's relations with Japan. This result indicates that Japan has established a positive image in Australia.
- 76% (previous survey: 74.3%) of the respondents answered "very reliable" or "somewhat reliable" on how they rate Japan as a reliable friend. This result indicates that Japan enjoys the confidence of majority people in Australia.
- 79% (previous survey: 77%) of the respondents answered that Japan has consistently followed the path of a peace-loving nation for the past 70 years since the end of World War II.
- 71% (previous survey: 71.8%) of the respondents answered "very important role" or "somewhat important role" on to what extent Japan plays an important role in stabilization and growth of world economy. This result indicates that people in Australia appreciate Japan's contribution to world economy.
- 81% (previous survey: 71%) of the respondents answered "very valuable" or "somewhat valuable" on how they rate Japan's proactive contribution to the peace and stability for maintaining global peace and establishment of international order.
- 44% (previous survey: 42.3%) of the respondents chose Japan as an important partner among G20 nations, which was the highest rating along with the United States.