Local Partnership Cooperation
Local governments and communities play a major role in fostering good international relations across a wide range of fields. MOFA implements various measures to strengthen cooperation with local governments and communities engaged in international efforts in various fields with an aim to reinforce the comprehensive diplomatic capacity of the nation under the slogan of “All-Japan”.
MOFA carry out various cooperative projects with local governments and other parties concerned to achieve those goals by placing particular emphasis on introducing the attractions of local communities to the world, supporting the internationalization of local communities, and providing a broad range of information on international exchanges. MOFA lays special emphasis on supporting communities in counteracting damage by harmful rumors related to the Great East Japan Earthquake and revitalization of local industries and local economies.
- Diplomats' Study Tour to Tsubame-Sanjo Area (May 23, 2018)
- Diplomats’ Study Tour to Asakusa District (February 26, 2018)
- Diplomats’ Study Tour to the Cities of Takaoka and Kanazawa (January 24, 2018)
- Diplomats’ Study Tour to Ise-Shima Area from November 20 to 22, 2017 (January 4, 2018)
- The 2nd Regional Promotion Seminar in fiscal year 2017 (December 20, 2017)