Call for Designs Japan - Iran 90th Anniversary Logo
Japan and Iran will celebrate their 90th anniversary of establishing the Provisional Treaty of Trade between Japan and Persia, and the 90th anniversary of the establishment of Japan’s Embassy in Iran in 2019. Both countries conduct a variety of collaborative events over the course of the two years to celebrate our shared accomplishments and build opportunities for further cooperation. We are now inviting the general public to submit designs for a 90th anniversary logo to be used to promote the events.
Overview - Call for designs
- Submissions are welcome from anyone regardless of nationality, age, or place of residence.
- Submissions must be received by April 30, 2018.
- Please submit your design by email to the Iran desk of the Second Middle East Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A panel of judges established by the Governments of Japan and Iran will evaluate designs received and select the best one to be used as the logo for the 90th anniversary celebration events.
- Results will be announced on various websites including those of Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Embassy of Japan in Iran, and the Government of Iran.
How to submit your design
- Attach your logo design to an email entitled “90th Anniversary Logo Campaign” and addressed to the Iran desk of the Second Middle East Division, Middle Eastern and African Affairs Bureau, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (email@example.com). Be sure to include your name and affiliation in the body of the email, and please attach a brief explanation of your logo design. We regret that we cannot accept submissions by mail.
- Your logo design should be sent as a JPEG or PDF or EPS file no larger than 3 MB and at with resolution of at least 300 dpi. It should fit on an A4 or letter-size page when printed. (Formatting changes may be requested if necessary.)
- The explanation of your logo design should be approximately 50 words long. Please do not include it in the email itself, but attach it as a separate file. When the logo design selected as the anniversary logo is announced, the explanation will be made public.
- Please submit both colour and black-and-white versions of your design (no restrictions on number of colours, gradations, etc.)
- You may submit as many logo designs as you wish.
- No submitted logo designs or materials will be returned.
Points to note
- Submitted logo designs must be new-never published anywhere, and must not infringe on copyrights, trademarks, etc. of any third parties.
- Submissions offensive to public sensibilities, in violation of laws or regulations, libelous, or infringing on copyrights or other rights of third parties will be disqualified. The selected design will be withdrawn from use if it is later found to violate any of these conditions.
- All rights to submitted designs and the copyright to the selected logo will belong to Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Government of Iran. Those submitting designs agree to relinquish their author’s moral rights. In principle, submitted designs will not be processed other than to adjust size, convert to black-and-white, and translate into Japanese, English or Persian.
- The selected logo may be withdrawn from use if any information submitted with the design is later determined to be false.
- The selected logo design in its final form will be distributed to organizations authorized by Japan’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs or the Government of Iran and will be used to promote the 90th anniversary of Japan - Iran diplomatic relations.
- Personal information (other than name and affiliation) of those submitting logo designs will not be disclosed or offered to third parties without the designer’s permission.
- Receipt of submissions will not be acknowledged, and authors of designs not selected will not be contacted. We regret that no inquiries concerning the judging process can be accepted.