(Professor, Artist, Religious activities, Journalist, Business manager, Legal/Accounting services, Medical services, Researcher, Instructor, Engineer/Specialist in humanities/International services, Nursing care)

August 8, 2019
Period of stay 5 years, 3 years, 1 year, 4 months (only for Business manager) or 3 months
Necessary documents
  1. Passport
  2. One visa application form (nationals of Russia, CIS countries or Georgia need to submit two visa application forms)
  3. One photograph (nationals of Russia, CIS countries or Georgia need to submit two photographs)
  4. Certificate of Eligibility (Note) - the original and one copy

 Chinese nationals must also submit the following documents:

  1. Copy of the Chinese Family Register
  2. Temporary Residence Permit or Residence Certificate (If the applicant does not have a family register within the region under the jurisdiction of the embassy or consulate-general where the application will be made)

 (Note) Depending on the nationality of the applicant, other documents may be necessary in addition to the above. For details please refer to the web site of a Japanese embassy or consulate-general in your area.

 (Note) What is a Certificate of Eligibility (COE)?

 A Certificate of Eligibility, which is issued by a regional immigration authority under the jurisdiction of the Immigration Services Agency of Japan, certifies that the foreign national conforms to the conditions for landing in Japan (which means the activity stated in the application is not false and it is one of the activities (except Temporary Visitor) stipulated in the Immigration Control Act). For details, check the website of the Immigration Services Agency of JAPANOpen a New Window . (A proxy in Japan can make the application of COE)

 By presenting COE, the visa application at the Embassy or Consulate-General and the landing examination at the passport control will be processed smoothly. However, please note that a COE does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.

 A visa application for this type of visa could be made without COE. However, the applicant will be required to submit a large amount of verifying document and it will take a long time (several months) for the process.

Back to VISA