Health and Medical Care
Prime Minister Kishida's attendance at the Second Global COVID-19 Summit
May 10, 2022
On May 12, Prime Minister Fumio Kishida is scheduled to attend the Second Global COVID-19 Summit in a video-message format.
- The Summit, which aims at facilitating concrete international efforts to bring the COVID-19 pandemic under control and prepare for future health threats, will be co-hosted by the United States; Belize as CARICOM Chair; Germany, holding the G7 Presidency; Indonesia, holding the G20 Presidency; and Senegal as African Union Chair, in an online format (and will be publicly broadcast, according to the organizers).
- The Summit will be attended by the leaders of the co-hosting countries, including U.S. President Biden, as well as leaders and ministers of other countries, representatives of international organizations, and representatives of private companies and the civil society, etc., and discussions will be held according to the following program.
- (1)Opening Session (10:00 p.m.-11:15 p.m., Japan time)
Statements will be delivered by leaders and ministers from participating countries, including Japan.
- (2)Thematic Session (11:15 p.m.-1:30 a.m., Japan time)
Statements will be delivered by participants on each of the following themes (45 minutes for each).
1) Vaccinate the World
2) Save Lives Now
3) Build Better Health Security