Japan's Contribution to UN Peacekeeping Operations (PKO)
The Program for Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding for FY 2014 (Primary Course)
Call for Applications for non-Japanese Program Associates
November 6, 2014
- The Program for Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding is a program established by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan (MOFA) in 2007 in order to strengthen the civilian capacity of Japan and other countries in the field of peacebuilding. The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center (HPC), commissioned by MOFA, coordinates the program.
- MOFA has begun accepting applications for 15 non-Japanese Program Associates (PAs) for the Primary Course [note] who will participate in the Program for Human Resource Development for Peacebuilding for FY 2014. The application guidelines and materials can be found on the homepages of the Japanese Embassies in the countries listed below [note2]. Applications will be accepted at each Embassy until 17:00 Japan Time (GMT +9) on November 10, 2014.
[note] Those from the following countries are eligible to apply for this program: Afghanistan [note2], Bangladesh, China, Cote d’Ivoire, Ethiopia, India, Indonesia, Jordan, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Republic of Korea, Somalia, Viet Nam
[note2] For Afghani applicants please submit your application to HPC (email:email@example.com, postal address:see below) and not the Embassy of Japan in Afghanistan.
- Non-Japanese PAs will participate in the Coursework in Tokyo and Hiroshima (conducted in English) from January 23, 2015 to February 27 (March 3 ), 2015 together with 15 Japanese PAs.
- The reports of the past years’ programs (pamphlet format) are available below.
For general inquiries on the contents of the program
- The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center [HPC]
- The Hiroshima Peacebuilders Center: HPC
7F Sagamiya-Honsha, 6 Ichiban-cho, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo
- 1.Participants who wish to take part in optional training will complete the Coursework on March 3, 2015
For general inquiries on the application procedure
Please contact the Japanese Embassy in the applicant’s home countries listed below.
|Ethiopia||Republic of Korea|
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2013 (Pamphlet) (March 2014) [PDF]
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2012 (Pamphlet) (March 2013) P1-10[PDF] P11-22[PDF] P23-26[PDF]
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2011 (Pamphlet) (March 2012) P1-10[PDF] P11-22[PDF] P23-26[PDF]
- The Program for Human Resource Development in Asia for Peacebuilding, Fiscal Year 2010 (Pamphlet) (March 2011)